$1500 overhaul on tranny, 4 days later its slipping worse!!! please help!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

$1500 overhaul on tranny, 4 days later its slipping worse!!! please help!!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 144197
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 144197

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPS ME OUT!!!
OK I HAVE A 1996 EXPLORER 4WD SPORT NOT SURE WHICH TRANNY I HAVE (I HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT TRANSMISSIONS) I THINK IT MAY BE A 4R55 SOMETHING BUT ANYWAYS I JUS DROPPED $1500 ON A TRANSMISSION REBUILD ON MONDAY I HAVE A WARRANTY ON IT AN EVERYTHING BUT ITS NOW 7/1/2010 JUS 4 DAYS LATER AN IT JUS STARTED SLIPPING WORSE THAN IT DID BEFORE I HAD THE REBUILD... I DO PLAN ON CALLING THEM AS SOON AS I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING BUT I JUS WANT TO KNOW WHAT ALL OF YOU THINK SO I KNOW WHAT TO TELL THEM!!!! IT SLIPS WHEN I GET ON THE GAS OFF OF A LIGHT AN ILL LET OFF... SOMETIMES ITLL ENGUAGE SOMETIMES IT WONT! IT ALSO SLIPS FROM 1ST TO 2ND AN WHEN I GO AROUND TURN OR MAKE U-TURNS!!!! MY O/D DOES NOT FLASH....!!!!:mad: IM SUPER PISSED ABOUT THIS BECAUSE I WORK OUT OF MY TRUCK AN I START EARLY IN THE MORNING!!:mad: IF I DONT HAVE MY TRUCK THEN I DONT HAVE MONEY!!!:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would check the fluid level first, you never know.

Since it is under warranty still, I'd say your best best would be to bring it back and tell them that it is not working. Describe what's going on just as you have here, but don't shout at them like you did to us (turn off the caps lock).

i was in this same situation when i had an automatic i had to take my truck back 5 times and then they said i voided the warrenty cause i went through a puddle lol.

was the torque converter replaced in the overhaul ? if not, that may be your problem.

J...been there...

I hope they take care of it under warranty, but I'd be skeptical of a rebuild for that little money. When I checked over 3 years ago for my '96 the lowest estimate was $2,600, on up to $3,400.

i did check the level an it is low but im afraid to put fluid in because of what doomie said i do not want my warranty to be voided... an yes the torque converter was replaced during the rebuild... an sorry for the caps i didnt know you took it as i was yelling!

Back