15x10" wheels with 4" backspacing on 2nd gen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

15x10" wheels with 4" backspacing on 2nd gen

Hey yall. I am going to put a body lift on my '95 and run some 33x12.50s. I wanted to get a wider wheel for the 33s and thought 10" would be adequate. With my 31's they look very bulgey on account of the 7" wide wheel, so I wanted to go up to 10" for the 12.50's. I found some wheels for sale that are 15x10 but they have 4" backspacing. Would these work or would I rub because they are tucked in more? Then again most people run a 3.75" back spaced rim so would this really make much difference? Thanks for any feedback I can get, this is my first experience with aftermarket wheels. These are them, fyi.

pacer342bblackdaytonat.jpeg

I wanted something different but these showed up locally for a good price, so if I can use them I'd like to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

15x10 with 4in b/s means there gonna stick out more past the fenders which could mean that u might have more problems with fender rub.

Hmm...I dont like the look of them sticking out too far really. Are yours 3.75 or less? I like how yours sit. I see they are 15x8, would that be a better idea, as far as rubbing goes than the 15x10s? I just dont want my tires to be as bubbly as they are now

If you plan on off roading you want that bulge. It helps to keep the tire from popping off the bead.

Stick with an 8" wide wheel. I have 15x10 now and they stick out way to much.
Offsett is also critical on wheels as well as back spacing.

yep mine are 15x8 3.75 backspacing and i have rubbing but had to adjust the torsion bars alittle to get rid of the rubbing

hmm, guess I wont get those wheels then :( oh well I'll find some more eventually. This will be a pavement queen pretty much. I like to do some trails and get in the mud but cleaning and getting scratches make it not worth it for me :p: think putting 12.50's on my stock wheels would be bad? I've seen it, its way bulgey though...ah I dont know what I'm gonna do

Back