15X8 or 15X10 for 32X11.5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

15X8 or 15X10 for 32X11.5

I am planning on getting some new rims and tires. The tires are goin to be 32X11.5/15. I am goin to put on the WAR shackles and do the Torsion Twist for about a 1.75" lift and then do some fender trimming. The rims I want come in 15X8 and 15X10. Will the 15X8 give me a less chance of rubbing or will it not make a difference? I know when I put the tires on I will not have much room at all and don't know if this rim size will make a difference..
Thanks,
Grant

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd go with the 15x8's. The 15x10's will add two more inches that you could do without. You should look at the specs and check the back spacing for each wheel. That'll tell you how much further in the 15x10s go. I'd be safe and just go with 8's.

i am an ex tire guy and i say 15x8....some will argue that 15x10 is closer to the real size but then you will look like you have ballon tire and you will blow beads easier when aired down.

thanks

Alright thanks a lot. I will just go with the 15X8's. They are a little cheaper anyways.

Grant

the rims im getting are uswheels.. but i dont think i can choose the offset... im gonna run 11.50

can i get 15x 10 or will it look gay. i would rather have 15x10

Well you can run 15x10's on 11.5" wide tires but if you go offroading much, I don't think you'll like them much, after you pop a bead. They will also give the side walls a more straight lined look as opposed to the ballooned look. Personnaly I like the ballooned look my self and it also helps save the rim. Have the dealer try a tire on and see how it looks, if you don't like it, then change to the 15x8's.

the ballon look i was talking about makes the rim more prone to damage.... ( ) the hourclass look protects it )(

An FYI that might save you some $$$
I've been running 32x11.5 on stock 7 inch rims as a daily driver for five years. Do you need rims?
My Explorer does have a 5.5 inch Superlift.

i just dont like my stock rims. my dad asked why not keep those rims too.

Back