16 12"s in the Mounty | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

16 12"s in the Mounty

with all the time and money you're spending on this you could do so much more....

RB Spacers, body lift, coil springs, and some 35's.

With all the money spent on RB Spacers, body lift, coil springs, and 35s, you could put in a massive stereo system in your car. Not everyone has the same goals for their cars as you do. :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With all the money spent on RB Spacers, body lift, coil springs, and 35s, you could put in a massive stereo system in your car. Not everyone has the same goals for their cars as you do. :rolleyes:

You took that a bit too personal...

I never said everyone had to have the same goals as me, especially since I will not be doing a body lift, coil springs, or 35's. I just personally think all that audio equipment is a bit much, and extremely overkill. But I will NEVER force my opinions on anyone, and I will NEVER deny good work. What EVLSPL has done IMO is a bit overkill, yes; but the quality of the work, the time, the passion, and the dedication to this project is undeniable.

Haha, i think you took it a bit too personally also, i was just using your comment to make a point to everyone who's said what EVLSPL is doing is pointless and a waste. All i meant was that although people might not approve of what he's doing, and wouldn't do it to their own cars, it was his choice and he simply wanted to show his work to everyone. Didn't mean to offend you at all, and my comment wasn't meant only for you either. To make my point short and simple, if people have nothing nice to say, they don't have to say it.

wow man thats so sick. Definately keep posting pics. Will you post vids of it, and tell us what you got on a meter when finished?

im not really into cars like the one your building, however people arnt into what im building (people in my neighborhood). but what they see is a talent that stands out and heads turn as you drive by, thats what its all about. doing something people would never think of

KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB, LOOKS PRETTY INTENSE:D

Haha, i think you took it a bit too personally also, i was just using your comment to make a point to everyone who's said what EVLSPL is doing is pointless and a waste. All i meant was that although people might not approve of what he's doing, and wouldn't do it to their own cars, it was his choice and he simply wanted to show his work to everyone. Didn't mean to offend you at all, and my comment wasn't meant only for you either. To make my point short and simple, if people have nothing nice to say, they don't have to say it.

Meh, simple miscommunication; stuff happens :)... No hard feelings.

What I really want is for him to finish this and hear a sound clip....curious how its gonna sound with the way the subs are positioned.

Just a question by the uninformed (me) for those in the know (whoever answers), but won't the soundwaves from each opposing bank of subs collide and effectviely cancel (or at the very least) distort the sound? How do you get around this? Is there some way of phasing the subs so the sound waves compliment each other?

Oh, and yes, I am one of the few/many that think this kind of setup is a waste, but I do admire the work that has gone into this and hope that the end result is what the owner/builder/creator wants; there's nothing more satisfying than doing something yourself and it works as you wanted.

Talk about overkill!!! 16 12''s and a pair of hearing aids! :p:

But seriously, should definately win some shows and db competitions with that setup. That's mindblowing! :thumbsup:

As long as they are all in phase they won't cancel each other out.

When two sounds are in phase, that makes constructive interference, so essentially the two sounds will more or less be added, and you have more sound.

However, if two sounds are 180 degrees out of phase (being that as one speaker is moving in the other is moving out) they will create destructive interference. If done perfectly, they can cancel each other to the point there will be no sound at all produced. This, however is impossible since perfect calculated physics are never possible in the real world.

The direction to which they are pointing makes essentially no difference, especially with subwoofers.

Part of the reason is due to the sheer size of the wavelengths. This is why you can really tell no direction when a sound is low enough in frequency. Once the wavelengths are longer than the distance between your ears, they will no longer diffract around your head, which is how your ears determine placement of a sound, by diffraction. Hence, it makes no difference where you put the subs in your home theater system or in your car.

Yea, I'm in an acoustics class right now :p:

BTW, this looks like a sick setup, can't wait to see how it turns out.

thanks for all the feedback. today I am going to fiberglass the insides of the top before we put the bottom chambers in.

wow,, what a setup, i did something like this when i was younger,, i had an old chevy van with a bed in the back, under the bed,, i had 5 sets of 6 inch 2 way speakers,, it sounded kind of cool,,
this should kick some major ass,
how much output power do you figure the amps are gonna have to drive this ?

hopefully around 30000 watts total.:salute:

are you runing duel alternators or and a few extra batterys. my alternator crapped out on me with only 2400 watts. thats witha 20 fart cap. 2 extra red tops a red top under the hood and a stock alternator. let us know what your thinking about to power this

Holy ****, looks like you worked really hard on this.

That is Awesome! Cant wait to see a finished product!! Keep posting!

HOLY ****...................thats it.

And to all the people saying its gonna damage his hearing, thats just stupid!

For vehicles THIS loud, you tend to use them for strictly competition if you wanna get loud! You NEVER get in the vehicle when its putting out that much power. You obviously can listen to it while driving, but you just cant have it that loud.

I think what your doing is inspiring and awesome, i wish i was in the position to settle down with a nice job and do some projects......probably not gonna happen till next year sometime for me.

As for his hearing it has a very good chance to mess it up. I was running 148 db and I can say I already have a few effects due to my childish nature when I was 16.

However its totally awesome :) Keep it up

As long as they are all in phase they won't cancel each other out.

When two sounds are in phase, that makes constructive interference, so essentially the two sounds will more or less be added, and you have more sound.

However, if two sounds are 180 degrees out of phase (being that as one speaker is moving in the other is moving out) they will create destructive interference. If done perfectly, they can cancel each other to the point there will be no sound at all produced. This, however is impossible since perfect calculated physics are never possible in the real world.

The direction to which they are pointing makes essentially no difference, especially with subwoofers.

Part of the reason is due to the sheer size of the wavelengths. This is why you can really tell no direction when a sound is low enough in frequency. Once the wavelengths are longer than the distance between your ears, they will no longer diffract around your head, which is how your ears determine placement of a sound, by diffraction. Hence, it makes no difference where you put the subs in your home theater system or in your car.

Yea, I'm in an acoustics class right now :p:

BTW, this looks like a sick setup, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Your very very smart! lol I don't even know what some of those words mean.

I would never do this but I must say what an awsome build. Lets see some more pictures!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well gang,
the mounty is going to a better place now. I am selling it to a friend of mine and buying a 03 mach 1. It was fun while it lasted but, I will still be around the forum.

Back