Most Interesting Man-Child in the World
Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Callsign
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
can someone check their 16-17 with moonroof and see if this is a factory body line or if mine got all crazy. The center seems to bow up well above above the glass. I seemed to have an issue with it closing the other day but I attributed it to turning the vehicle off too early.

IMG_0158.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2016 and mine is lined up fine. Seems like either the metal roof or moonroof flexed on yours.

Interesting. I saw this yesterday and looked at my '15 and it has the same bow in the center of the moonroof. I never paid any attention to it before, but I haven't had any issue with it either.

I'll look at mine but honestly wish I didn't get the roof. Mine is like a terrible toddler and often doesn't want to close (listen to parent) when I push the button to close (slide) and often we fight to get the POS to close.

The tilt seems fine....

I just checked my 2016 Sport, yes it has a "dip" in the center of the sunroof..... but in Seattle it should be called a rain-roof. So far it works great with no leaks (fingers are crossed after say that).

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

My 2017 has that. Not quite as pronounced, but it has it.

Back