16 Days In MFT Works Video | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

16 Days In MFT Works Video

2001Explorers

Here is a video of how MFT with the new update works. I am trying to mess it up at the five minute mark by pressing the button immediately after giving it a command and when it repeats it. Almost made it mess up but the only thing I could get it to do was a little delay. The only reason it delays is because I am pressing the button on purpose. It does what it's suppose to. I haven't had one problem with the new update. Works flawlessly. No slow down, no hiccups, no problems. Navigation is amazing. Voice commands are very fast as you can see by the video. I usually have it set to advanced. For the video however I set it to repeat commands etc..... Tomorrow I am going to do a video of just pressing buttons on the screen. I use a good balance of touch and voice commands. Not once has it froze or done anything out of the ordinary. I have wallpapers and my texting also works. Love the new update. I hope you can all get yours fixed and have it work like this.

Enjoy. Have any questions or requests fire me a PM of just post it up here. I'll take a video to prove anything. Thanks.

http://s1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg505/Fordpics44/?action=view&current=MFTWorkingGreat.mp4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sirius screen voice commend

Does anyone know voice commend to see Sirius screen without touching?

Chris

Mine worked just as well as yours before it bogged down after I ran a health report while waiting at the store for my wife. On my way home it became unstable, then radio would not shut off even after car and MFT were off and door opened.

Hope I can get mine to work right and stay working. After reboot 2 days ago so far no problems. Will see after a couple weeks.

It certainly is a mystery. I can't see how it can be a software problem. I never had a problem before the update. Everything has worked great since day 1. And mine being a very early build. One of the first 6000 to be built makes it even stranger. The older version was slower than the update. But I never had any Major problems. This is what leads me to believe it is the units that are producing problems. It is a computer after all. There are so many variables. That is why the Ford Engineers should be investigating units that are having difficulty with the new update. However, replacing units would be much more expensive then just ignoring the issue. Sadly Ford seems to be doing the latter. It must be extremely aggravating to have them play the stupid game when approached with these problems. They know what the problems are. They are scrambling to fix them. Bad businees indeed. They should be forthcoming, however, honesty in the car business is rare and costly. LOL.

What I think did mine in this time was the following. I was sitting in a parking lot waiting for my wife who was in store. Had car running and was messing with accent lighting. everything was fine and very responsive. After I changed it a few time I was looking in menu and saw vehicle health report and decided to run that. After running it said "wait uploading VHR" or some such thing. After that was uploaded I guess to Syncmyride my wife came out and we were soon on our way home which was less than 2 miles away, car was on the whole time. Went to shut car off in driveway and radio would not shut off no matter what button I pushed so I shut car off then opened door. MFT screen went to Ford Logo screen then shut off, very jerky motion. Radio was still on, not one other single sign car was on. Closed door and restarted car then radio was able to be shut off, screen was very slow. I later did a reboot of system using reboot software I posted in another thread and all came back perfect.

My thoughts are - If it was a bad APIM would it start work fine again after a reboot? What does reboot do to APIM to make it all better? Probably not APIM but software. What I think triggered it was running Vehicle Health Report and uploading it via phone to Syncmyride.com used up loads of memory that was not flushed afterward and caused an instability in the software leading to errors.......but what do I know? :(

I do know it is really frustrating and after Ford reworking this software for 6 months or so and testing it with 8000 beta testers at Ford for a couple months or so that we shouldn't really have anyone with problems especially when they are not running IPODS, USB devices, etc, etc...I would think anyway but again...what do I know. ;)

Been working like a charm again for 2 days now since reboot, fast, responsive not one single problem.....so lets see.

I agree. Unstable systems are not acceptable and should be looked after immediately. Ford is dropping the ball in CUSTOMER RELATIONS.

Back