17" wheels on a 2014 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

17" wheels on a 2014 Limited

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
New guy to Explorers so sorry if this has been covered (I really did look), but will a 17" wheel fit on my 14 Explorer Limited? It currently has 20's and there are very few tire options for a decent all terrain tire. If 17's fit, is there more to it than the TPMS, like speedo calibration and so on. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Forum Charles.:wave:
I would go with 18" wheels. I believe there is only one member who said she managed to get 17" wheels to fit. I had 20" wheels on my 2011 and used 17" wheels for Winter tires. In December of 2013 the brakes on all Explorers were changed to larger heavy duty brakes so I went with the 18" steel Interceptor wheels for subsequent vehicles.
You can use this site to compare tires/wheels; 255/50-R20 vs 235/65-R18 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator | Tacoma World
I punched in the size you have and the equivalent in an 18" size and you can see the diameter difference is 0%. Thus no speed adjustment is required. The maximum diameter difference should not exceed 3%.
Using the Forum's 'Search' feature (upper right) I found this thread; All Terrain 18" Tires

Peter

Back