17s? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

17s?

Hello all, I have the following question:

1. Is a 265/70/17 Bridgestone A/T Revo with Rock Crawler Series 97 17x8 with a 4.5â€￾ backspace a good idea? (TT and Shackles installed)

I understand about the 265 fit on Explorer setup, I’m just wondering about the 17inch setup.
I’m generally confused when it comes to wheel/tire geometry on what will work and what wont.

I sent you a PM but it was based on the fact that I thought you had 4th gen 17" rims, which are 7.5" wide and have something like a 5 inch backspacing... Anyway, either way, that tire will not work without getting adapters, even with 4.5" of backspacing, you will be rubbing your rear brakeline, experience harsh rubbing (potentially destroying wheel wells or tire), and it will also rub on suspension components in the front end without the wheel even turned... I will be sure to post pics and a writeup as to how my setup works once I receive my adapters ;)
-marc

Right on, thanks for the information. That's what I figured by reading your concern with your setup but wasnt sure what you meant. Ill be looking for your solution as i am soon to copy it. :chug:

Back