18" or 20"? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

18" or 20"?

Hey guys,
Im trying to go for the sport look. I want to drop the truck, add a billet grille and some diamond cuts. I already have the dual exhaust...I just want to add some aggression to my truck. I want to buy some chrome rims but dont want to add too much weight where it will slow my truck down or kill the gas milage. I was thinking of just getting some 18" rims or would they look to small? Anyone have pictures with 18" rims on a sport?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

18s are fine... 20 and mileag ewill start sucking and 20s are heavy... get yourself some cobra r's or similar

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/212576

this one has some 18s on it, but not dropped. its not mine, its on cardomain. look on there for pics. there are tons. my x girlfriend has some 18s on hers and it looks pretty good. PM me your email and i will see about getting some pics of hers.

Get 20's man, you'll want them eventuall. Just upgrade your brakes later on down the road, my rotors warped about 500 miles with them on, but I have Powerslots now. They're nice.

I have 22"s on and fuel economy hasn't really been affected that much.....plus the 22"s and tyres are not as heavy as the stock 16"s and tyres that we get in the UK

20"s are small, only way to go is 22"+ :p

For a sport looked id go with some Cobra R knock offs, maybe an 18 or 20"...

where can I get these cobra R knock offs? How much am i lookin at for those is say chrome and some low pros?

Back