• Register Today It's free!

18" XLT Wheel Center Bore Size

ls973800

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Edge Limited
Does anyone know the wheel center bore size of the 18" wheels standard on the XLT? I have been told it is around 63mm (2.5 inches) and also been told it is around 70mm (2.75 inches). this would be from the 2011-2012 model years.

I would like to pick up a set of four of them for my 2013 Ford Edge to replace the 20" Chrome clad wheels it came with. My Edge has the 63mm center bore size.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know the wheel center bore size of the 18" wheels standard on the XLT? I have been told it is around 63mm (2.5 inches) and also been told it is around 70mm (2.75 inches). this would be from the 2011-2012 model years.

I would like to pick up a set of four of them for my 2013 Ford Edge to replace the 20" Chrome clad wheels it came with. My Edge has the 63mm center bore size.
If no one here has the answer, I'm sure a local tire shop should have that info.

Peter

Measure the size in the spare tire rim, its fairly easy to access.........best regards Plum

Measure the size in the spare tire rim, its fairly easy to access.........best regards Plum

If I owned an Explorer, I could do that. As stated in my original post, I am thinking about putting 4 of the Explorer wheels onto my 2013 Edge.

I would like to know the center bore size to determine if I need to factor in hub centric rings or spacers.

If I owned an Explorer, I could do that. As stated in my original post, I am thinking about putting 4 of the Explorer wheels onto my 2013 Edge.

I would like to know the center bore size to determine if I need to factor in hub centric rings or spacers.
Have you tried calling the dealer parts department or a local tire shop as I mentioned before?
I was hoping to be able to use the Winter wheels from my '09 Highlander on the EXplorer. I asked the fellow in the tire shop and he looked into this rather large book and said it could not be done.

Peter

Have you tried calling the dealer parts department or a local tire shop as I mentioned before?
I was hoping to be able to use the Winter wheels from my '09 Highlander on the EXplorer. I asked the fellow in the tire shop and he looked into this rather large book and said it could not be done.

Peter

Peter, thank you for the suggestion. I was gone all day Saturday and Sunday, and checked the messages when I got home late Sunday.

I talked with a sales rep at Discount Tire today who said his book shows the 2012 Explorer hub as being 63.4mm, the same size as my Edge.

Now to find a set of 4 locally and trade for my 20" chrome clads plus some cash.

Peter, thank you for the suggestion. I was gone all day Saturday and Sunday, and checked the messages when I got home late Sunday.

I talked with a sales rep at Discount Tire today who said his book shows the 2012 Explorer hub as being 63.4mm, the same size as my Edge.

Now to find a set of 4 locally and trade for my 20" chrome clads plus some cash.
Glad to hear that you got it cleared up and with a favourable response at that. Good luck in getting your wheels. :thumbsup:
I wonder if the hubs are all the same. I was able to run the base model 17" steel wheels (for Winter) on my Limited without any problems except that I had to get all new lugnuts for them to keep the base model wheel covers on.

Peter

Well, back to square 1. Discount tire told me the hub opening in 63.4mm. Two separate sellers of some 2012 Explorer wheels on eBay responded to my question about the opening.

They both say the opening is 67.1mm. One says he even measured it to find the size, the other used a reference book.

I'm going to remove one of my wheels in the next day or so and measure the hub opening in the wheel itself. I'll also check the hub, but I am sure that is 63.4mm. I don't know if there might be a 3.7mm difference between the hub and the hub opening in the wheel. That would be about .142 inches, or slightly more than 1/8th of an inch.

From what I've found on my Edge, the hub sizes are the same throughout the wheel options. They did change in 2011, with 2010 and older models having a larger hub than the 2011 and newer.

To put this issue to rest, and maybe to provide an answer for anyone else who happens to need the hub opening size. The Explorer 18" wheel for 2011-2012-2013 has an opening of 67.1mm.

The Edge wheel opening is 63.4mm. Therefore, I can mount Explorer wheels onto my 2013 Edge using hub centric rings, but an Edge wheel (2011-2013) will not fit the new Explorer.

2010 and older Edge wheels have a larger opening and will fit the Explorer with the use of hub centric rings. I believe their opening is 70.5mm

Swapping Wheels

I believe Ford made some changes to the 2013 wheels. I can put the 17" base model wheels in place of the 20's on my 2011 Limited. The last time I was at the dealership the parts manager said that I wouldn't be able to do that with the 2013. I'm not sure if that meant I couldn't use my current 17" Winter wheels on a 2013 Limited or if the base model 2013 wheel wouldn't fit the 2013 Limited. He was quite busy so I didn't want to bother him further. I'll see if I can get a clarification next time I go there.:dunno:

Peter

Back