18s or 20s - 3rd Gen X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

18s or 20s - 3rd Gen X

I was trying to get everyones opinion on my choice for wheels. I either want the 18X9 black Saleen (5 spoke) replicas or 20X9 silver Bullitt replicas. I know 20s look better but I can get the 18s for a better price and not have to come out of cash after I sell my stock 17" sport wheels. I plan on lowering it with GF springs.

I've searched everywhere online for 3rd Gen X's lowered with 18's but nothing came up.

Let me know what you guys think!!

i usually like 20's better but ive seen some 18 saleens and they look really nice. If you can get 20 inch saleens that would be perfect IMO.

I like the 20's better myself but I'm just trying to save some money. What is the issue with the 5X115 (jeep, dodge & chrysler) bolt patterns. Do they not work on the 5x114.3? I've heard of people putting them on but I don't want an unsafe vehicle. The reason I am asking is I cannot find 20" black saleen wheels but can find killer deals on black Jeep SRT-8 wheels.

to be honest I'm not sure... I thought that I have heard that people put jeep wheels on their X with no problems but I don't want to promise anything. I'm sure someone on here will be able to give you an exact answer

I love the saleen wheels, I would definitely go for those over the bullitts. As for the mopar wheel pattern, do they not make adapters for that kind of thing? if not, I could make some and earn a fortune!

Back