Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
I have owned this 53 since i was 16. Me and my dad went and got it. Its been sitting ever since.

This is the reason i am not going to have a tube chassi built this summer. I want that badly but this will only grow in value where a rock crawler will not.

Here is how it looked after i brought it home and reomved some front end body work.

IM000070.jpg

IM000073.jpg

However now for the last little bit it has been is pieces. All the body work is off the truck. Its frame, engine, tranny, front clip, drive shaft, and rear end.

This also has another meaning other than my dream truck.

My drive in theatre was built in 1953 also. It just hit me the other day when someone ask when it was build that my f-100 was the same year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are the plans for it?

400 or 428, 4 link coilover suspension with 9", slicks, Fiberglass front tilt front clip, fiberglass rear fenders, Mustang 2 front suspension on coilovers, auto tranny and a few other odds and ends....

:)

Its in the works.... Looking for a place to media blast or sandblast the frame and cab now.

Jon i will need your help with the engine this summer

I think that will be the cheapest way to do this

Oh my goodness a 521 with 600 hp

Its going to be right on the line of drag truck / street legal. I want to be able to drive it around when it goes to shows and events

I think the ford 521 crate will be the best engine choice. I found them selling for 8900 last night. Im sure i can find them a little lower if i looked.

hmm, i don't know about TN but in NE slicks are very illegal, cause if theres any rain coming down you can't grip the ground worth a damn. Maybe just some drag radials?

I think that will be the cheapest way to do this

Oh my goodness a 521 with 600 hp

Hmm, eBay is your friend when buying an engine, there are allot of smaller engine building companies out there trying to make a name on eBay. They come with warranties and everything. You can get one brand new and allot cheaper there. Btw if you're going with a big block, why not go with the big ol 521 :)

Ohh ohhh V10

Bah! Go Modular!!! Supercharged 5.4 will pump out about 600 hp:D More efficient, smoother running more unique.

BTW here's a teaser to get your creative juices flowing! It has a 4.6 Cobra motor in it and a mahogany strip bed.:thumbsup:

P4210114.jpg

IMO, get that body and the chassis separated and get it blasted.

Once you get the body and chassis back from blasting, then you can figure out exactly what you want to do and if it fits within your budget -- cauz if the chassis is rotten, you may have to get another one or a custom one built ($$$), which would eat away from the engine funds.

Yeah we are still looking for someone to do that. I may have the cab done at the same time.

is that going to a project truck

got any sound clips of ur exhuast

Xan: Btw if you're going with a big block, why not go with the big ol 521 :)

Burns: Uhh i am talking about going with a 521 big block.....

Oh i saw jon talking about 427-460s and such i missed your 521 comment

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes i was thinking the 427 - 460 but after Jon showed me the link to the Ford racing 521 which weighs around 680 ready for shipping its going to be a light weight big block.

And i found the entire front clip for 1700 today. Fiberglass. :)

It will be a slow project. Hopefully done by december

Back