SVO

Meow
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Smithville/Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
08' Suzuki SX4
Well, again I'm just a sucker for a aproject or three.

I have never owned my own personal 1gen Mustang and for about a year now I have been dying to do a period correct Vintage Race car.

And since I'm a Terlingua Race Team member, I figure that a Jerry Titus Terlingua clone was in order.

So a fellow Shelby friend and Team Shelby registar, work out a trade with me, and last weekend this 88k mile 1967, 3 owner coupe followed me home on a trailer from Oklahoma.

Unfortunately the rof is like swiss cheese from the vinyl covering retaining moisture, but this car came with another complete roof for me to graft into it's place, WHAT A DEAL!!!

Belive it or not it actually fires up and runs, no brakes, but it does run after not being started in almost 3 years, the car has been sitting for almost 15 years, since it's last time on the road.

Don't think this will be done by time the Terlingua event comes back around in October of 2011, but I will venture to say there should be a problem with it being finished by Terlingua event 2012 ;)

With all that being said, here are some photos of what it looks like and what it will become, I will say what you see in the after photos, the changes that will bemade are Kodak orange instead of yellow, and Vintage 48's as oppsed to the Vintage 45's

Here are some pics, Enjoy!

0110.jpg

025.jpg

032.jpg

041.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_2.jpg

The New roof to be welded on:
photo9.jpg

photo_51.jpg

Here she is on her way home to Texas to get a new life:
trailer8.jpg

Despite here swiss chese roof I will let you know that the rest of the car is completely rust free, floor pans, wheel houses, deck lids, and frame rails, all are in fantastic shape!!!! ;D

And here it was she will evolve into:
1253730984la.jpg

1253730984lb.jpg

terlingua_terror.jpg

Jeff

Rick, I need your rotisery!!!!!!!!!!

Back