• Register Today It's free!

1977 bronco d44 ?

ohe_boy

Reaction score
City, State
Kane'ohe, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4x4 XLT
Anybody know if the 77 bronco had a high or low pinion diff? coils or leafs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

66-77 Broncos were all low pinion. Every Bronco has coils.

bmxking5 said:
66-77 Broncos were all low pinion. Every Bronco has coils.

Cool, I thought some of the EB's had leafs up front! Or maybe it was the drums that I was thinking of...? :confused:

Yes, the early bronco up from 66-74(I think) had drums then 74+(I think) had discs.

EDIT: Look at James T's post below.

I think it might be better to do a 77 SAS then!!!!

76-77 were the only ones to have discs. 75-71 was drums, and 70-66 was a drum brake D30 boat anchor. If you find a drum brake eb D44 you can in fact convert it to discs for cheap if you know were to look and stay away from the disc brake "kits".

james t said:
If you find a drum brake eb D44 you can in fact convert it to discs for cheap if you know were to look and stay away from the disc brake "kits".

What do you mean? Are Disc brake kits bad?

No, they are just overpriced. You spend $700 on a "kit" that is nothing more than sourced stock truck parts. All you need to do is find Chevy truck D44 spindles, calipers, and caliper mounts, and 78-79 F150 4x4 hubs and rotors. Autozone has the assembled hub/rotor deal for $25 a side. You can source the parts yourself for $150-300, or you can buy the same thing in kit form for $700.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll look into getting things seperately. Aftermarket hubs are good enough to use or should I go for WARN hubs?

Back