Number4

"I'm counting to 3, then I'm getting your dad."
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Woodstock, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer 4.6l
Drove this home today. '79 F250 2wd. Not sure the engine size, guy I bought it from says a bigger one was put in, have to figure out how to tell. This thing sounds like a beast. Though it doesn't have too much get up and go.

Typical rust. Rear fender wells, floor pans. Some rust on drivers side, rear, on cab. Corners good and rockers too.

Made it home, 34 miles or so and the radiator went, right as backing down driveway. Got lucky.

IMG_2868.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Post some pictures of the power plant.

7 bolt valve covers.
Water outlet on top of block w/vertical bolts.

IMG_2891.JPG

IMG_2892.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

Looks like a 400. Easiest way to ID it is pull the filter housing off and get the casting code on the manifold.

I had a 1974 Supercab with a 360. Sadly it about done for by 1984 because of all the rust.

The photo is before I "fixed" the rust by pop riveting metal over the holes in the rocker panels bondo'ing it up and painting the whole thing. Both the passenger and drivers floors were like swiss cheese when I got it. More sheet metal and rivets and it was good to go for a few more years :burnout:

74_F250.jpg

I think I can hear it rusting.

that is a 429 or 460 motor
roscoe

I had a 1974 Supercab with a 360. Sadly it about done for by 1984 because of all the rust.

The photo is before I "fixed" the rust by pop riveting metal over the holes in the rocker panels bondo'ing it up and painting the whole thing. Both the passenger and drivers floors were like swiss cheese when I got it. More sheet metal and rivets and it was good to go for a few more years :burnout:

View attachment 96652
You park it out back and let the blackberry bushes have it?

You park it out back and let the blackberry bushes have it?

I sold it shortly after moving to AZ. I had forgotten about the bag of greasy Little Louie's french fries that I stuffed in a hole in the floor to keep snow from coming it. Someone was in for a surprise:eek:

Here's with first set of after market 16" wheels, though I've already purchased some 17" rims for more caliper clearance.

IMG_3082.JPG

Looks like a 460, My first vehicle 77 F150 had one under the hood.

Back