1985 Bronco 2 Restoration Project | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1985 Bronco 2 Restoration Project

lilparkee

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer; 85 Bronco II
Alrighty....Last weekend I bought myself a B2 and it is being dropped off tomorrow. I will post some pics tomorrow right after it is dropped off.

Just some history on the vehicle, 1985 body with a 1986 engine. About 70k on the engine and 180k on the body. The body is in decent shape, better than the other 2 I have looked at purchasing. I picked it up for $450 and it needs some work, but once it is all done, it will be GREAT!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was just dropped off about 5 minutes ago. :D We started it up.....and fuel started pouring all over the driveway!!!!!! Anyways, here are some cell pics of it.

broncoII.jpg

broncoIIa.jpg

This will be a cool restoration.

Jeff - :navajo:

For a restoration, LMC Truck is your friend, but they are pricey on some things.

looking forward to the outcome on this one.

Bronco II Update

So after a long few weeks at school, I snuck in some time to work on the Bronco II. It was only a quick hour (we had a tag sale), but it was productive hour. The interior has finally begun to be stripped. We pulled out the two front seats and most of the back seats. It took a lot of Liquid Wrench and elbow grease, but they came out after a little prying and sheared bolts. The bottom seems to have some issues, but all in all, it is looking like we are finally taking off!! Anyways, here are some pictures!

Pictures as of Today

IMG_3773.jpg

The front seats of the car. The dash is cracking and the steering wheel doesnt match.
IMG_3787.jpg

A better outside shot.
IMG_3798.jpg

The headliner is falling...
IMG_3799.jpg

Old paint job looks crappy.
IMG_3804.jpg

OilDry from the aforementioned spilled gas.
IMG_3807.jpg

Lots of Liquid Wrench to pull the seat up, which revealed rust and holes.
IMG_3810.jpg

And now it's gone!!
IMG_3812.jpg

One of four seats taken out.
IMG_3828.jpg

All of the seats.

The rest of these pictures are some misc. shots of the Bronco.
IMG_3774.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

IMG_3784.jpg

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_3788.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

IMG_3791.jpg

IMG_3791.jpg

IMG_3792.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

In addition, I pulled up the carpet today and started taking off panels inside. I will post more pictures once I download them from the camera. Also, the last owner didn't really care for the car and let it get very messy and dirty (beer bottles, dirt, wood, etc.). They used it to transport wood on their farm so that is why it is so messy. Enjoy!

look like its pretty soild though :thumbsup: a good start

Update...

Just a fun picture of the Bronco....
IMG_3891.jpg

After some battery charging, we got it to start, and there was no leaking gas! It was a little sluggish running and the shifter needs to be adjusted, but it felt good overall.

Back