1988 Bronco II Eddie Bauer water leaks into the floorboard | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1988 Bronco II Eddie Bauer water leaks into the floorboard

maxmotz

Reaction score
City, State
Johnson City, Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
1988 Bronco II Eddie B
I have a 1988 Bronco II Eddie Bauer and water leaks into the floorboard on the passenger and driver sides. I think it’s coming from the vented area between the windshield and the hood. It’s not antifreeze, and it happens when it rains. Can any body let me know what to do? Is there a clogged drain hose from the vented area between the hood and windshield that is backing up that could be causing this?

Thanks a bunch !!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...It sounds like you have a windshield leak...You may need a new rubber for the glass...:dunno:

We ruled out the windshield gasket. Please let me know what else it could be.

Thanks…

...Take a hose and water test the areas you think it might be...;)

...I would also look or rust holes in obvious areas where the water is showing up..

We had this trouble too but also the headliner was wet. We sealed the windshield and this appears to have fixed the problem.

remove the inspection plates located on the engine side of the firewall. Water drains thru the vents below the window and, after some rusting, leaks into the interior to funk it all up. about 1/2 of my BII's had this affliction.

Back