1988 Bronco II meets Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1988 Bronco II meets Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We're sorry, but this page is currently unavailable for viewing.
If this site belongs to you, please read this help page for more information and assistance

when you open the page add a question mark to the end of the link

I guess Geocities tries to block showing pictures by themselves.

But, this webpage will display them:
Dead Link Removed

Some pictures from last weeks trip to MOAB

ON this trip I only had three wheel drive

Thats right I did Gemeni Bridges and Top of the World in 2wd, a few spots 3wd.
You see I am waiting for a custom made passenger side axleshaft, until I get this part I do not have 4 wheel drive, because the new front end has been widened over stock.

I was unable to get the slip yoke to come apart before the trip even in 4x4, however it came apart immediatey in Moab. So I ran the rest of the trip without it.

3wheel drive = low range 4x4, drivers hub locked, ARB locked.

This trip was a test run for the new 6" setup, works VERY well.

I also ran this trip with the front sway bar connected in order to limit travel

Let me know what you guys think :)

Geocities sucks, so be patient....

Dead Link Removed

Nice Rig :-D

I should give props to Brett, without his help my rig would be nothing compared to the monster(s) we have created together... :)

Dude you didn't call me:) Oh well I ended up going to montrose anyway...lol

yeah I read your D44 swap problems right before I left, had some problems of my own so I didnt get to do 1/2 the wheeling I would have.......

PLanning to head back in October :)

Hey I thought I read on some post that you wanted to add some extended rear flares to your Bronco, is this correct?

If so I can get a rear set for 88-92 for $10

Alaskan, thanks man but for my birthday my parents got me the Duff rear urethane flares, however I dont think I am going to use them....I dont think they would keep the "clean" body lines on my BII, the 33's clear fine with the 4" rear skyjacker leafs........

What I would really like to do is actually cut and pull out the metal rear 1/4 panels, similar to what Ranger guys have been doing for years, just on a BII it is much much harder due to the floor pan for the rear seat/cargo area

If I chop the top (still considering) then it will be much easier to do...

The Duff flares fit real well from what I have seen on other BII's, but in my case they are just tooo wide and big.......

Thanks for thinking of me, I will pass your info on to all my BII/Ranger friends. I did see your post about the swap shop you found...now if I could get some PIAA's for $10 that would be another story :)

Back