1991-1994 Explorer Option of Keyless Entry Pad or Remote | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991-1994 Explorer Option of Keyless Entry Pad or Remote

BRD104

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLT
I know this may be a stupid question but I am a big fan of 1991-1994 Ford Explorers and was wondering if they had the option of a Keyless Entry Pad or Remote

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes they do. Mine has remote entry.

Keypad was not available from the factory til 95

I'm more consirned about the 1991 model year and the Eddie Bauer package so if u know thanks

Keyless entry wasn't made available on first gen Explorers until the 1994 model year. It was optional, except on the Limiteds, which had it standard, if I remember right. My 94 XLT has it. Keypads on the doors were not available on 91-94 model years.

If yours has the option, an "anti-theft" light on your instrument cluster will blink when the door is open.

So the 1991 Eddie Bauer didn't have the option of Remote Keyless Entry until 1994. And what does the square key and the circular key do, I don't have a first gen explorer but I have always wanted one.

Does anyone have a 1991 Ford Explorer brochure or option page or factory/dealer accessories book if so I would be interested in seeing it

You might find some info in the Owners Manual in my signature.

Back