1991 Ford Explorer Security System Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 Ford Explorer Security System Question

a2m4m60

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer
Hey all. I have a 1991 Ford Explorer with an odd problem. Every so often when the vehicle is in part with the key in the ignition the vehicle will start honking just like a newer vehicle would if the remote alarm was pressed. This will continue for a while till it stops or I press the lock unlock buttons back and forth.

Is there a wire or fuse I can take out to stop this problem? Has anyone else had this issue or am I the only one?

Also, on a side note, does anyone have a diagram for the lighting switch on the 1991-1994 explorer series with labels for the wire colors?

Thanks.

Hey all. I have a 1991 Ford Explorer with an odd problem. Every so often when the vehicle is in part with the key in the ignition the vehicle will start honking just like a newer vehicle would if the remote alarm was pressed. This will continue for a while till it stops or I press the lock unlock buttons back and forth.

Is there a wire or fuse I can take out to stop this problem? Has anyone else had this issue or am I the only one?

Also, on a side note, does anyone have a diagram for the lighting switch on the 1991-1994 explorer series with labels for the wire colors?

Thanks.

Do you mean for the headlight switch? I have the FSM and all of the wiring diagrams,just want to make sure what you want.:D

Yeah a headlight switch diagram would be excellent. The electrical system has not been modified except a aftermarket stereo system.

Back