1991 Lift Kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 Lift Kit

amartin0040

Reaction score
City, State
Nebo, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
I own a 91 explorer sport, and I was wondering whats the biggest possible lift kit I can get for it? I plan on putting both a body and suspension kit on it. Thanks for the help!
Adam

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3 inch body, 5.5 superlift, coil spacers and shackels and youll have about 10.5" lift.

or you could buy the ranger 8 inch kit. you could make it work with minor fab work. and add the 3 inch bl and coil spacers and shackles like *****inexplorer said. but i wouldnt go over 35 inch tires on the ttb

If you don't plan to wheel it you could probably get away with bigger tires up front. If you aren't a pavement pounder... go with mitch and stick with 35's. Also... although not really a lift *kit* an SAS conversion would be a nice way to get some room! : )

Everybody else neglects to remember this one key factor.....You can go as high as your wallet is deep! :D

yeah, i imagine the biggest you can get is about.........

Attachments

• jul05_640.jpg
    jul05_640.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 5,164

there is the 8" kit then the 3in bl with shakels and coil spacer for a nice round lift of....12inches.....

stang99x said:
Everybody else neglects to remember this one key factor.....You can go as high as your wallet is deep! :D

yea just make sure that your wallet has an extra storage space b/c with all the stuff you'll break you'll need one. :D

*****inexplorer said:
3 inch body, 5.5 superlift, coil spacers and shackels and youll have about 10.5" lift.

This is what I'm interested in but I can't find a Superlift 5.5 lift for the Explorer. How much is this kit and who sells it? I'd really like to do a SOA on the rear then find parts to lift the front an equal amount but I can't find any information specificly on this.

Thanks.

Rob

superlift sells the superlift 5.5
have you tried their site? its not that expensive

www.4wheelparts.com email them or call. i called. i have a 3" performance accessories body lift, a 5.5" superlift and 33" tires. the 4.0 seems to push them fine. i would like to get extended radius arms, 35's and fiberglass fenders :D

but! i spent a total of about $1000 for the 5.5" superlift including shocks, drop pitman arm, sway bar drops, shipping and extended brakelines. PA body lift=$100 or so. if i had polyurathayne bushings, i'd be all set!

well i got 5.5 superlift, 3 in body lift and i am running 35s, i am gonna put the skyjacker 8in lift coils for the ranger in the front of mine and some schakles in the rear so ill let you know how that goes.....

mitch, you said that you could use the ranger 8 inch kit with minor fab work. I thought it was a direct bolt in. What is the minor fab work that your talking about?

well anytime you buy a product that is made for one truck and put it on another you might come across something thats not the same. such as you might have to drill some more holes somewhere, or something like that. the biggest thing that you will have to do, if you want to use the ranger 8 inch on the explorer (and on a scale of 1 to 10, it might be a 2 or 3 because some people might be able to weld or have access to one.) is to buy or make some soa brackets for the rear. since the rangers are soa stock and the explorer is not.

could you go to the yard and take them off a ranger

i take it you mean the spring perches. you would be better off buying some. cause i think they are welded on. www.tellico4x4.com has some for 20 bucks or so (depending on the brand) a pair. you will need the 2.5 inch ones

Back