1991 Mazda Navajo stereo HELP PLEASE | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 Mazda Navajo stereo HELP PLEASE

the1991mazdaguy

Reaction score
City, State
Kennewick, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Mazda Navajo
I need help with my mazda navajo stereo. Im trying to put in a new stereo. i have the wiring diagram that came with my stereo, so i know the color codes there, but i figure i must have the premium sound system cause i have these extra wires that are solid colors, and i cannot find a wiring diagram for them. can someone help please, i want to get this done tonight.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im pretty sure you dont need to use all of them. Could be wrong though.

if you had a stock subwoofer then you had the premium sound package. otherwise you do not. theres a wire for 12+, ground, 4 speakers ( one solid one striped for each) the new headunit would have a one for remote turn on (for an amp) and i think when i did mine there was one extra wire i didnt use that i just capped.

the only wire i had left over was this orange striped wire. guess it does nothing cause we got everything working right. i did notice it had a remote wire, and if i didnt hook it up for some reason the speakers wouldnt work. we got it figured out through process-of-elimination. started by hooking up the power, memory, switch, and remote; then took the front left speaker wires on the new harness and touched it to wires till we got sound out of the correct speaker. works great! if i had this "factory subwoofer", where would it be?

Back