1991 XLT Fuel Pump Relay Location Please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 XLT Fuel Pump Relay Location Please

rhn

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
I am new to this forum and have searched for the answer to the question but cannot seem to find it - hopefully someone can help me.

Can someone please tell me exactly where the Fuel Pump Relay is located on my 1991 Ford Explorer XLT? I have found the Fuel Pump Shutoff Switch under the dashboard but can't seem to find the Fuel Pump Relay.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on a '91 it should be on the passenger side inner fender, below the power distribution box

Thanks for the quick response

Thanks for the quick response. I assume you mean that it is located inside the engine compartment and not the passenger compartment. I looked under the fuse box (I assume that this is what you are calling the power distribution box) on the passenger side but did not seem to find it. Is it plugged into the bottom of the fuse box or plugged into a connector on the wiring harness and mounted to the side of the passenger side fender.

Thanks for the assistance - I have a service manual on order but have not received it yet.

You want the green one.

Attachments

• Relay.JPG
    Relay.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 25,243

Thanks for all the help! I found the relay (never would have without all the help), replaced it and the truck runs fine! Sure saves having to replace the fuel pump

On the 99 it should be in the power distribution box under the hood. The inside of the power dist box will tell you which one it is.

yeah i cant find the owners manual to tell me the right number for the fpr
thanks for the response top

Just wanted to thank you for telling where the relay is. I just couldn't figure it out. Definitely the culprit in my situation!:):):):)

Back