• Register Today It's free!

1992 4 Dr. Power window problems

Redandwhitebrit

Reaction score
City, State
Franklin, Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Both of my passenger side power windows no longer roll up or down. The lift motor runs but just chatters in the regulator and windows do not move. Is it motor problems or regulator problems? Appreciate your assistance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bushings

Had the same problem and its the bushings in the motor. Search for this in this forum and you should find a guy who has pictures to accompany his step by step instructions. However, don't waste your money on the plastic bushings from Auto-Zone or whatever. A 7/16 nut fits perfectly into the space.

mine has the same issue but its one of my back windows. I saw the kits on ebay but i am wondering if you guys know of better places to buy them or to buy them at a lower cost. I can grab my window and move it up and down. i hear the motor run. i have to tape the window up or it falls down slowly. both cables are on I had it apart that far so now i get the fun of getting the kit and taking it all back apart. I also need to replace the speakers all of the door speakers in my explorer are shot. the foam surrounds on the speakers are missing or turned to dust.

Someone told me that the plastic bushings are in there for a reason. They would break away under stress like when your kid rolled up his head in it, or the panhandler got hung up in it. Anything metal WOULD NOT break away.

Back