1992 explorer front diff upgrades>? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1992 explorer front diff upgrades>?

You seem to be taking the term too literally. I’m aware they are gear driven units. They are still considered LS’s by most people, including the manufacturers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You seem to be taking the term too literally. I’m aware they are gear driven units. They are still considered LS’s by most people, including the manufacturers.
Perhaps you understood all along how they work, and I didn't understand that. Sorry, then. Semantics again. I recall when Gleasman got his patent in the 50s, and they were all the rage, new concept.

I love my TruTracs

i have a detroit locker for the front kicking around my shop collecting dust. worked perfect until i swapped it for an air locker

is there a how to forum on maintenance / upgrade how to on a front axle >? im a visual person to see how to tackle the front disassembly and im going with a LockRight locker up front and may go to 4.10 ring and pinion if its not already . while still going with the yukon gear posi in the rear .

Back