1992 Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1992 Explorer

Kind of new to the forum. Signed up a while back but haven't posted much.

Explorer specs. mostly stock 4.0, built A4LD, manual 1354, HP44 front, 9" rear. Front has 5.13's, ARB, high steer. Rear is detroited, 5.14's with a currie case, disk brakes with caddi calipers. 4" custom Alcan leafs in the rear. 5.5" BC bronco's EB springs in the front with custom coil buckets. 1 ton drag link end steering. AC pump converted to on board air run to rear bumper. Tires are 36x12.5x15" TSL SX's.

2044482_3_full.jpg

2044482_6_full.jpg

2044482_1_full.jpg

I don't have a whole lot of pics of it. I usually go by myself and I don't have a camera.

This winter it's getting a 5.0 HO swap, AOD to NP208, HP 60 front with the same gears and locker as now, and a dana 70 rear with the same as now. I am also going to do a full exo and probably run 38's or 39.5's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how far do the tires stick out past the fenders?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

A ways. I am not sure. Probably around 8"s in the front, and 5 or so in the rear.

thanks akbroncoII for you help, could u get a head on picture

I don't have a digital camera. Those taken that I have up were taken by somebody else. I will try and borrow a camera. What are you worried about?

them stickin to far out, because thats not legal here

You ever use that James Duff Xmember I sold you?

eh? You must be talking about the old owner. The james duff crossmember was on there. It still is but it has been modified. I have welded in a notch for driveshaft clearance. At full droop the driveshaft would rub. Also, I broke the swelds on the passenger side where it's welded to the center piece. It's not a very stout crossmember. It's been changed a bit since the other guy owned it.

I sold a brand new James Duff crossmember to a guy who had the same or almost the same screen name as you- maybe on another board though. I thought it was for his BII too. Anyway your truck looks cool. Nothing wrong with modding the crossmember so it works better- mine was grinded on a little for clearance...

Grinding a little wouldn't work. I had to notch it out big time. I never bought a brand new one. Just the one that was already on the explorer.

96limitedX said:
very nice! i could have sworn i've seen it around town...awsome dude!!

I don't drive it a whole lot. It gets garage kept. I did daily drive it this summer.

That is a nice rig. I like this one a lot. Good job on it :thumbsup:

-Drew

full foot notch said:
ive got either a D60 or 14bolt under my explorer right now, gotta decode the axle to find out what it is, owner said it was a 14 bolt, but its got the ford slight offsetpinion output which tends to lean towards ford origin

might be a sterling 10.25/10.5

lets see some more pics!

looks great.... im about to do a solid axle swap also and how is that gear ratio do. i have the same tire size i want'

zainyD said:
Dang, that's sick. What are you gonna do with the 44 and the 9"/

I found the HP44, and 9" under my junk! :D

I'll post a thread about my rig, once we get it done.

641673.jpg

641672.jpg

641674.jpg

very sick!

:D

Any pics of the front coil bucket setup? Thanks

640816.jpg

640817.jpg

I suppose I should just go ahead and start my own SAS thread. :D

Jeep coils? I imagine those will flex very well.

Back