1992 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer: What's it worth? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1992 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer: What's it worth?

CaptainObvious

Reaction score
City, State
Central, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT
Greetings. I've got my hands on a Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer. It's a 1992. It's in pretty decent shape, the passenger door does not open from the outside and the ABS light is on. 4 wd works, tranny works, engine works, runs strong. Gas tank gauge does not work. No major rusts etc. There's some spots, but no huge holes. Over all it's a pretty nice little unit. On ebay they go for around $500. Think it's worth that? I was hoping more like a grand. Is it worth that? Any major problems in 1992 that makes it scary? I've owned a 98 mounty and currently own a 2004 Expo. Been pleased with both.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The rad. arm bushings can make it scary souding.

Check KBB for the value and subtract for the wear and tear

yea i would say you would only get about 500-700 bucks for it, you might get more money if you part it out.

Biggest problems with the Gen I (91-94) are the transmissions, rust, and radius arm bushings. If all that is ok and the mileage is somewhat decent (< 160 k), you may be able to get about $1500 for it. This also assumes that the 4wd works, it looks decent, and it will pass whatever local requirements your state has. I wouldn't recommend selling it on ebay. Try cars.com or autotrader.

Back