• Register Today It's free!

1992 Mazda Navajo -The To Do List

Noober1

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Mazda Navajo
Here's all of the things I will be doing to my truck. I don't have answers where to buy or how to do everything, but I thought I would start the accountability or record here. :hammer:

• -Replace engine with engine from the parts truck. (pulling and rebuilding it)

[*]-Replace 2WD parts with 4wd parts from the parts truck

[*]-SAS or Gear job....haven't decided

[*]-Install lift (not sure how high but leaning toward F150 and shackles)

[*]-Buy 5 31-33" tires

[*]-Remove spare tire and install dual batteries and 12" sub (hidden)

[*]-Paint Bumpers, jerry can mount and tire swing.

[*]-Install Bumpers, jerry can mount and tire swing.

[*]-Buy and install winch

[*]-Wire up Overhead Console

[*]-Finish Dash refinishing

[*]-Buy or finish new seat covers

[*]-Install seat heaters

[*]-Install CB and wip

[*]-Fiberglass center console

[*]-Buy and install key-less start/anti-theft device

[*]-Install new carpet

[*]-Install new speakers

[*]-New Alternator?
  • [*][*]New Add -Find, buy and install lights for bumper
I'm sure the are more things I'm forgetting. If anyone knows of any good deals of anything I'm looking for please feel free to share. Post a picture and link. Thanks.

:burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Noober, love your rear bumper. I have a nice front but haven't done the rear so I might rip off your design.

That list is a nice start but once the Mod Monkey grabs you it's all over...

Thats a sizable list. Be sure to keep us updated

Hey Noober, love your rear bumper. I have a nice front but haven't done the rear so I might rip off your design.

That list is a nice start but once the Mod Monkey grabs you it's all over...

lol, of course I don't mind...Mod Monkey? :monkey:

mr_valingo- I'll do my best! I hope it goes faster than I think it should.

Noober1 said:
lol, of course I don't mind...Mod Monkey? :monkey:

mr_valingo- I'll do my best! I hope it goes faster than I think it should.

Nice list! Sounds like the one I made for the Beast more years ago than I would care to admit...

My wife has come up with a formula that gives the proper time for a project: take the estimate and multiply the number by 3, then increase the units by 1.

Ex: swapping the water pump should take about an hour...
1(hr)*3^^^(unit)= 3(days) actual time, with finding the part, a broken engine stud, and other complications (like swapping out the idler pully bearings, etc).

As sad as it sounds, if you use this formula, all your suprises will be pleasant. Heads up. :)

^ your wife is a smart lady, i always expect the worst but still give the ol lady the shorter time. Otherwise i'd never get to work on anything

Nice list! Sounds like the one I made for the Beast more years ago than I would care to admit...

My wife has come up with a formula that gives the proper time for a project: take the estimate and multiply the number by 3, then increase the units by 1.

Ex: swapping the water pump should take about an hour...
1(hr)*3^^^(unit)= 3(days) actual time, with finding the part, a broken engine stud, and other complications (like swapping out the idler pully bearings, etc).

As sad as it sounds, if you use this formula, all your suprises will be pleasant. Heads up. :)

Do you have any pictures you can post on here for inspiration?

^ your wife is a smart lady, i always expect the worst but still give the ol lady the shorter time. Otherwise i'd never get to work on anything

Yeah, I learned that I get in more trouble if I under-estimate than overestimate :rolleyes: She gets jealous if I spend too much time with my mistress.

>Noober

What were you thinking of in particular?

Here's my Beast now; I would classify her upgrade status as the Mk.III, and she's still far from done.

dscn0340t.jpg

By naasau at 2012-03-30

beastmkiii.jpg

By naasau at 2012-03-30

Since I'm all 'Elite' now, I really should get around to making myself a build tread, but I'm afraid that might lead to the misconception that I'm actually organized... Which I am most certainly not.

Naasau said:
>Noober

Here's my Beast now; I would classify her upgrade status as the Mk.III, and she's still far from done.

By naasau at 2012-03-30

By naasau at 2012-03-30

What size are those tires? Its purdy!

Ah, they are the utmost in sexy, BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM2 at 285/75r16. (around a 33x11r16)

The rims are creager soft 8's at 16x8 0mm offset. Which puts the inside of the 33" tires right where the stock ones were.

>Noober

beastmkiii.jpg

By naasau at 2012-03-30

where did you get the bush guard? i want one!

>Noober

dscn0340t.jpg

By naasau at 2012-03-30

beastmkiii.jpg

By naasau at 2012-03-30

Your specs say you're gears are 3.73...how big are those tires?

Noober1 said:
Your specs say you're gears are 3.73...how big are those tires?

They are 285/75r16.... which is around a 33x11r16.

The specs are right at the moment... I need to do a gear job, bad. Don't get me wrong, the Beast handles even the big hills at high speeds like a champ; I'm just worried about what the extra stress is doing to my A4LD... the whole powertrain has had no improvements or work other than regular maintenance for its entire life of 295k.

Hmm, I strongly suggest Glacier's VB rebuild thread, additional tranny cooler and an external filter set-up for helping that old A4 live a long life. I followed his rebuild thread to the letter and it is a big improvement in shift feel etc. Hoping it helps my A4 live a while longer. (322000 kms so far)

Nice rig!

Noober> Sorry for all the the pseudo thread-jacking.

Wood> hmm... I've actually looked over Glacier's thread several times, as well as many a remote filter assembly thread; which I know I need to do at some point. Hopefully I'll get off my lazy ass before stuff explodes, rather than after.

Monkey> that guard is one that I made, I'll toss a link on here for the build thread... when I get around to posting it. It incorporates some componentry from the Smittybuilt Grill Guard, but I basically threw out all the stuff I didn't need (Including a big chunk of the stock bumper and the stock smittybuilt mounting stuff of suck) and added the stuff I wanted (like a winch mounting plate and some nice, thick DOM tubing to smash Imports).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back