• Register Today It's free!

1993 explorer performance exhaust

Explorer sport 1

Reaction score
City, State
Montpelier
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 ford explorer sport
What are you guys doing for exhaust. I have a 2 door sport and want to do a new exhaust. I want it in all stainless but cant find a flange that willl fit like stock for the intermediate pipe. Is there some company that can make it ore sell it pre made

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you looking for the stock 3 stud oval y pipe connector?

JBA makes headers for the 4.0 OHV or at least they used to
Borla stopped making them years ago, they had the best OHV headers

Start with good air intake and headers then keep it simple and single. 2.5" is plenty for a naturally aspirated ohv 4 oh

you looking for the stock 3 stud oval y pipe connector?

JBA makes headers for the 4.0 OHV or at least they used to
Borla stopped making them years ago, they had the best OHV headers

Start with good air intake and headers then keep it simple and single. 2.5" is plenty for a naturally aspirated ohv 4 oh
No..the intermediate pipe that bolts to the converter flange with spring bolts looks like this

20220727_092619.jpg

cant comment on the 1g exhaust design but i can say on my 2g i did a res delete (rusted out so just deleted) and a borla pro xs, and it sounds great! throaty and not stock at idle, at low throttle/cruising/idle its quiet enough to talk etc, but when you get on it... youll hese it coming! give it a bit to break in thiugh after 2 years its louder now than it used to be, no even sure how much packing is left!

I had a set of JBA headers on my Ranger and those socket flanges suck, always had to keep tightening the bolts cause it would leak, finally I had them welded. Hope you have better luck than I did.

i found a stainless steel one that fits a 2004 explorer that has the correct flange an mandrel bent. I just ordered it. Just going to have to cut off most of it cause i only need it for the flange. Now i have to find a piece of 2 1/4 pipe that has a s bend to make it fit like factory. Then i work back from there. My goal is to have a 100 % stainless exhaust that performs well but looks good

This is the stainless pipe i found just have to make it look like the factory walker

Screenshot_20220727-144254_Amazon Shopping.jpg

This is the walker part thats not even available anymore

View attachment 432183
:dunno:

Back