1993 Explr XLT, AT cruise control parts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1993 Explr XLT, AT cruise control parts

kene

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT
Re: 1993 Explorer XLT, AT, cruise control. I recently bought the vehicle. CC was not working. Reading other posts, there has been quite a problem with cruise control issues. I was told the servo was bad. The parts I find online have rectangular electrical connectors. This vehicle has a round, 1/2", 4-prong connector. How can I get CC back?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The usual problem is the amplifier not the servo.

The amplifier is located just above the glove box. Remove the glove box door and you'll see it.

There is also a relay: start there to make sure CC even has power. Good idea to pull the steering wheel and clean the contacts.

cruise%20cc_zpsysnklepc.jpg

http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/ESCAPEROUT/CRUISE/story

The other common problem is a burned out brake light or a problem with the multifunction switch causing a brake light problem.

You will see in the trouble shooting guide that brake light check is step two. Step one is check power.

To test the multifunction and brake light have someone press the brake pedal and wiggle the turn signal lever just slightly, If either brake light is interrupted before passing the detent the multifunction is bad.

kene

Thanks FR-425. I'll get started. As for brake lights, all lights seem to be working, but I'll see if I can make one 'not work'. KE.

:salute:

Back