1993 Ford Explorer Smog check failed fuel emission test and visual test | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1993 Ford Explorer Smog check failed fuel emission test and visual test

Jen_925

Reaction score
Hello I need help I have a 1993 Ford Explorer and I had to do a Smog check. When i did the smog it failed the fuel emission test and visual test. The visual test that was fail is the vacuum tree I'm missing a hose and can't seem to find out where it goes... Here is a picture of the vacuum tree and It's the one that is labeled #5.. Also could this be a reason why it failed the fuel emissions test?!? Or if not then what could it be?!? Also if possible can someone tell me what are all the vacuum hoses on the vacuum tree and where they go?!? This would help a ton!! Please HELP!! Need to fix this fast! Thank you so much in advance!!
http://www.google.com/search?biw=32...s-serp.WF-PEg4JJtk#biv=i|18;d|dAY0JVPvHTsP9M:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have a extra one to I blocked it off don't know what went the

Im sorry I am located in California.. About 45 mins from San Francisco. Thank you!!

Not every branch on the vacuum tree has a hose going to it. Some are just capped off. It's kind of common for one to blow off on occasion. I would go to the auto parts store and get a little pack of vacuum caps and slap one on the open branch.

Back