1993 ford explorer xlt starting/idling problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1993 ford explorer xlt starting/idling problems

slf

Reaction score
City, State
mobile, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 ford explorer
I have a 93 explorer, sometimes it starts fine and idles fines when it does idle fine I can shift from park to drive and lower gears with no problem but when i put it in reverse it dies on me every time unless i give it some gas then other times it won't start at all and other times when it does start it has a ruff idle. i can hear the fuel pump engage when i turn the key, i don't know what the fuel pressure is but when i depress the valve on the intake to see if i have fuel pressure it sprays pretty good so i don't think its a fuel problem it did throw a code that said i had a low voltage on fuel relay switch i checked my alt. its fine and battery connections and grounds all fine and no vacuum leaks anyone got any ideas for me to check

might be time to clean iac valve or maf sensor. both can do strange things to idle.

Id listen to trash-truck , plus I would clean the throttle body good . all these things can affect your idle & are cheap things to do .Let us know if it helps .:salute:

Back