1993 PCM pinout? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1993 PCM pinout?

mnnathan

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
83 Ranger XLT/94 Expo 4l
I have a 1983 ranger and I am putting a 1994 explorer engine in it. I am keeping the manual from the 83 for now and the 94 was an auto. I know it is possible to run with the auto PCM but I have a 2nd issue. My headers are from a 97 and the EGR port is in the wrong place.

So long story short I am looking for a pinout of a 1993 explorer PCM to verify what the differences are between the 93 and 94. I am thinking either I will run a 1993 manual PCM or get the 1994 PCM tuned to shut off the auto stuff and the EGR.

Interesting
okay the 1983 5 speed is super weak and geared all wrong for the 4.0, just FYI
You should seriously consider the later Mazda M5od
The 83 5 speed will not hold up long behind the power of the OHV 4.0

93 is a good year, no EGR, no cam synchro
I like your idea to use the 93 PCM for a 5 speed truck

I can post up the 93 PCM pinout...I just have to dig it up and scan it in.
93 and 94 pinout differences are small, not many changes there

I was able to get the 1993 wiring diagram but the non-cali trucks are Batch fire and the Cali trucks have EGR. I am leaning toward getting a minimal tune on another 4.0l EEC-IV PCM but I am not sure. I would like to go to EEC-V but Ithink I would have to do quite a bit of work on the wiring to get that going.

So new question...what sensors would I need to add to go to a 1996-ish EEC-V tuner.

Also, about the trans, I do not have the FM145 (mitsu POS that won't hold up to a 4-cyl). I have the TK5 which is quite a bit stronger and has the external slave cylinder. IDK how the gearing will be but from what I have heard it is usable. I have not built up the 4.0l much so I think it will live for a while. An M5OD, a 1996+ Ford 8.8 rear, and a '06 Jeep Dana 30 are in the cards someday as well as an AWD transfer case but I just got orders to pilot training in September so I need to have it all buttoned up well before then. I'll finish it up in a couple years.

Also, Does anyone know of a SEFI EEC-IV V6 computer? Perferably from a 4.0l application?

Back