• Register Today It's free!

1993 Prerunner 4x4 Explorer

iheartbeams

Reaction score
City, State
laguna niguel
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 xlt
hey guys ive been lurking for awhile and never really got around to posting anything, just enjoying what everyone has to say and everyone is helpful.
Figured my first post should be of what im working with.
Heres my story :)
Bought my 1994 2 years ago for 1500, driving it the three miles home, the radiator blew, and the ac compressor went out, just my luck haha!
Got all that fixed and threw some bilstein shocks and 30 inch mickey thompson mts. Took it out into some mud and got it stuck fairly quick, and knew it was time to get some bigger tires and ground clearance under there.
I got some 33 inch goodyear gsas and had a friend build me some custom drop down brackets for the front of my expo using a 6 inch eibach lift spring. I also threw on fiberglass front fenders from Hanneman Fiberglass.
IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

Ran the expo around like that for probably three months and decided i wanted some performance out of my explorer as well as a wider trackwidth.
BTF out of Upland California built me 4.5 over TTBs with extended axles, while still keeping it on the coilbuckets.
0923091736.jpg

Then I decided that I needed some lights for night time prerunning and camping, so me and and friend built this light rack for the top of it
2584326d.jpg

Got some chrome eagle rims out of a trade and threw those on here and went offroading for a little.
0105001450.jpg

Got myself some new Goodyear Mtrs and mounted them up, heres a front end view with out my front fiberglass fenders on. I think it looks really mean from this angle.
0211002329.jpg

Built a center console for my expo since the stock one broke off. It has cupholders and a race radio in it now.
8a855564.jpg

And thats it for right now, i have a 2000 conversion front end with bmw projectors retro fitted into the housings, and also rear fiberglass fenders. And i also have 12 inch coilovers going on next month with a custom built engine cage. I will keep you guys all informed.
Quick Question Hopefully you guys can help me out, my 4x4 doesnt work?!
The light doesnt turn on, or engage. I can hear something clicking in the rear cargo but nothing happens. Please help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rebuild your 4x4 shift motor. a few threads about it here.

Nice truck. I'm interested in the head lights.

Hey man, you finally made it over here. Welcome! Did brandon cut and turn your beams, or do you still have the drop brackets?

hey whats up, ya finally posted up here. Brandon cut and turned/extended them, i dropped it off at his house with a drop bracket lift and he took the lift off, mounted my mounting points and did my beams. Solo extended the axles

dude that thing is badddddd. i love the roof lights.. good style dog

how'd you do the drop down brackets?

been quite awhile since ive updated this so here we go!

older shot with old bumper design, but here is the droop, still has more the jack just maxed out
0909011359.jpg

older rear droop shot with old shackles, old hatch, old bumper, and old 33s
0923011646.jpg

rear shock hoops made. running 2.5 16s with resi, and removable hi lift mount
2011-01-0295152909.jpg

installed a newer hatch with tailights to match the front conversion (notice the SEXPLORER)
1016011701-1.jpg

whipped up a lil center console one day
1013011723.jpg

here is how it sits today. 35 inch bfg projects, full fiberglass all around, conversion front and rear.
c6e4de53-e9a9-d4f7.jpg

148737d1334687681-img_3872.jpg

148740d1334687644-img_3848.jpg

Back