Solved - 1994 Aerostar with intermittent cruise control. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 1994 Aerostar with intermittent cruise control.

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
Been running thru the shop manual, cleaning connections,button tests passed, and know it's not the servo or vacuum, (presently it's working)but no cause found. Have a new amplifier ordered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No leds and brake switch is okay, I think. Does not light brakes up when at rest.

The servo is working perfectly now. It may still be intermittent in the future, but I installed the NOS amplifier today and it works great thru 2 test drives. Thanks!

No, I figured the actuator is the servo? I installed the amplifier which is beside the glove compartment. If you're on Ebay, the number to search is E9AF 9D844 AA. Just a very light 4" X 3.5" approx with 2 connectors. The cruise works like new now,so far.

I had it apart and saw nothing that looked like a fuse. It's still working like new . Thanks!

Back