1994 B4000 transmission bolt lengths | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 B4000 transmission bolt lengths

freakyautumn

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Mazda B4000
I recently dropped my transmission to replace the clutch. I am usually very good about labeling my bolts, but idiot me piled all the tranny bolts (one-at-a-time) on the table. I then noticed, a day later, that there are 5 shorter bolts (appx. 2.75 inches in length) and 3 longer bolts (appx. 3.25 inches in length.) I recon the length measurements are in metric, but the hex heads are a perfect 1/2", a fraction smaller than the 13mm. Confused slightly, I came here.

If anyone happens to know where the 3 longer bolts go I would be ever-so grateful! (I'm assuming the top 2 are long ones, want to verify though.)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe in general tranny bolts are longer to shorter bottom to top

I believe in general tranny bolts are longer to shorter bottom to top

Okay, I will try to figure out if the 3rd long on is the left or right mid-bottom. Likely opposite of the starter I imagine, the flare-out on the bell housing is pretty thin there.

I used to know, because I did the same thing as you! But it's been ten years since my clutch job. I think I figured it out by sticking a thin screwdriver into every bolt hole to find the deep ones...

I used to know, because I did the same thing as you! But it's been ten years since my clutch job. I think I figured it out by sticking a thin screwdriver into every bolt hole to find the deep ones...

Excellent idea! Nearly got the tranny all settled up to the block, will try that! Thanks

Back