1994 ford explorer auto 4x4 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

1994 ford explorer auto 4x4

I got my first car about 5 months ago its a 1994 ford explorer auto 4x4 and as far as i know it's bone stock except for the muffler that was said to be replaced since it had holes in it. I have not done much to it I did have to do a front brake job on it since the caliber froze up on me 2 times and the second time killed it and my rotor so i got all new calibers pads and rotors up front and I did change the oil to 10w30 Castrol synthetic with a bosh ( I believe) filter and a transmission oil/filter change with Valvoline high mileage transmission fluid.

Untitled-1.jpg

8fc863da.jpg

9ec999e0.jpg

6c64832b.jpg

3aad7f19.jpg

91c3cf04.jpg

8ae6c004.jpg

7208e204.jpg

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ExplorerPilot

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
I threw a caliper too, so I had to get it replaced, if you want to make your first gen explorer a little different from the rest, on a budget, you can swap the grill out for a late bronco II one or one from a 89-91 Ranger.

Flingueur

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
What's your plan on the vehicle??

ExplorerPilot

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
putting a 351 is a lot of work, I'm taking the easy way out and going with a 302. I didn't know LMC made a billet grill, I like the ranger one, makes it a little more unique, If you put that big a motor in you will have to go with a dana 44 in the rear most likely.