1994 Ford Explorer lift kit question? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 Ford Explorer lift kit question?

KYLE2289

Reaction score
City, State
MARTINSVILLE INDIANA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 FORD EXPLORER XLT
I have a 94x xlt, and my wife baught me the 4" EZ-Ride Suspension Lift Kit [includes pitman arm] Shocks (4) SX6000 Hydro Shocks. i plan on ordering new leaf springs and hangers and shackles for the rear and all new sway bars along with all new ball joints and just about all new front end suspension stuff. i was just wandering if anyone would have any opinions on the lift and what i should do. thanks

And i am looking at putting some 33x12.5 on a cragar black soft 8. and i want the wheels to stick out a little bit. just want to know out of these rim sizes what shoud i go with and what wheel spacers to use if any.

cragar black soft 8

15x8 5-4.5 -13B
15X8 5-4.5 6B

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Rear springs

Doubt they sent you the preferred pitman arm - FA600

Save yourself some $$ and get the leaf springs from a mid '90s era F150, Provides 3-4" of lift with a comfortable ride (maintains spring under config)

For the sway bars links, extend the one's you have front and back, take it to any welding shop and have them add 3-4" - Never liked the swaybar drop kits.

well i'm a newbee with this whole thing and i was just going to order the factory ones from LMC truck for $200.00 a set. but i wouldn't even begin to know about what kind of leaf springs to get from an f150 and what not. if you have more info on this or if anyone that reads this does. can you help.

ohh. and another thing i was settin around and got my hands on some rectangle 5 1/2in off road lights and here is my idea. i was going to go to home depot and get a 48in piece of 1"x1" square tubing and drilling 6 or so holes in it mounting the lights to it then getting some end caps and sealing them up and running the wires down the driver side and drilling a hole through the top and sealing it off. and mouthing the tubing on some 2" tall brackets and from there i will figure out how to mount it to the top and sealing it off. anyone got some options or opinions.

Back