1994 Ford Explorer Vacuum Hose Mystery | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 Ford Explorer Vacuum Hose Mystery

VA7LFD

Reaction score
City, State
Langley
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Limited Edition Expl
Hi guys this just happened to me today. Im stumped. Missing some hose on vacuum tree. Made a video of issue.... Engine running rough.

1. Airbox
2. A/C
3. Cruise Control
4. Transmission Modulator
5. Fuel Regulator

All vac. hoses above are accounted for!
Thanks for any help.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It should have a plug on it, you must have brushed it off with your arm or something.
Red and black came plugged on mine, blue plug is where cruise control will be when I fix it...
20190620_165411.jpg

Yup, cap blew off. I’ve had that happen several times over the years.
If you don’t have caps handy, McGiver it until you can get some. I’ve used a little piece of duct tape with a small zip tie to secure it.

Ranger X is right. I have had a few blow off. I put replacement caps on with a little silicone sealant and a zip tie.

I've had the stock ones come off, but none of the silicone ones that I bought.

Thanks I did that and all is well now........ Looking forward to my next posting or problem.....LOL!

For what it’s worth, this happened to me and I didn’t have anything handy to cap it on the road. There are rubber bolt caps in the engine bay on various parts. Assuming they’re not rotted out or gone altogether, they will work in a pinch. I think mine is still there.

Back