1994 Ranger 4x4 front end needed. No parts to be found ?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 Ranger 4x4 front end needed. No parts to be found ??

ErikinNM

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Ranger
Looking for a complete used 4x4 front end/parts in good shape. Mechanic says I need a complete rebuild but can't get new parts because nobody makes them anymore ?? and can't find anything used ?? I'd hate to scrap an otherwise good truck just because I can't get the front end fixed. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks, Erik

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What parts specifically do you need? Not everything is made forever, but many parts are still available, like rotors, bearings, ujoints, etc. if you need axles or axle beams, the junkyard is the place.

Welcome to the forum!

Mechanic says I need a complete rebuild but can't get new parts because nobody makes them anymore ??

Step 1

If your mechanic is feeding you this line of bullsxxx, you need to find a new mechanic.

Step 2

Just about EVERYTHING can be purchased new with the exception of axle beams and possibly spindles. Rock auto, and all the major auto parts stores have what you need.

Step 1

If your mechanic is feeding you this line of bullsxxx, you need to find a new mechanic.

Step 2

Just about EVERYTHING can be purchased new with the exception of axle beams and possibly spindles. Rock auto, and all the major auto parts stores have what you need.

I know seriously, where do these "mechanics" come from?

Probably just trying to get an alignment, ball joints, bushings, big woop

Trying to run up the bill is all I smell.

I have a mechanic background, and I wouldn't over sell a customer something that they don't need.

I would however, recommend replacement of items that are directly related to a specific job. (Water Pump job to me is a belt, wp, hoses(all including heater hoses), and thermostat.)

As far as the OP I would start with tie rods and an alignment. Then for a separate job do the shocks. Then tires etc.

I guess actually it should be tires, tie rods, then shocks to get the most benefit for the buck.

In all the vehicles I have owned (well over 40), I have done ball joints once.

Back