• Register Today It's free!

1994 Sport Wiring diagram?

newstylecustoms

Reaction score
City, State
Clayton, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
199 Explorer Sport
Does anyone have a good wiring diagram for the 1994 Sport? Helm doesn't list this old of a vehicle, Haynes diagrams are too vague. I have found one online but it does a poor job of showing what connectors are what. I am working on a V8 swap and merging with a 97 5.0 harness, I am sure all the circuits are there just hard to identify in the old harness.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is a great find thank you!

I have wiring books for 1986-2014 I buy most of them on Ebay
The paper schematics like I posted have bumper to bumper wires, every single wire from headlights to taillights
Back in the day we paid over $80 for these books, to get one for $10 is a steal!
If you are crazy enough you can have them laminated and punch a hole, hang them on a ring. Laminating them is $$$$ as the pages are like 14x26" or some crap

The troubleshooting manuals are also good, but I prefer the schematics for conversions

Your 94 going to a 97 5.0 PCM, you are going to be doing an OBD2 conversion......... like I did my 88 BII
My 88 BII was essentially a 93 explorer 4.0 (wiring wise) when I did my 97.5 mountaineer 5.0 swap back in 05
Thread is in my signature. I covered the wiring a little bit in that thread......

I remember reading through that threat a long time ago, I use the large diagrams for my 93 Thunderbird harness and they made it very easy, I could use the diagrams for the 97 explorer also but I've not found them yet. I really prefer the large schematics rather than the evtm.

well eventually they stopped making those and put it all in a book
Once you get used to the book, I really like the books, more compact, less page turning

here is EVTM for 96, very similar

I do not have 97 or 98 trucks, I have a 2000 wiring book that has always covered the 96-01 5.0 for me when I do conversions
And then I have a bunch of loose info on my pc if you need help along the way

This is the one I have, mine is full of notes :)

very few minor wiring changes between 97 and 2000

Back