1994 xlt 4x4 problems, no CEL | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

1994 xlt 4x4 problems, no CEL

w00t69

Reaction score
City, State
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4x4
No power, horrid gas mileage. changed quite a few things just because i figured they needed to be changed (spark plugs and wires, fuel filter, air filter, O2 sensor. Last thing i tried was the fuel injector pressure regulator, that seemed to make it worse.

Now... not sure what it could be.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

marragtop

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
balt, md
Year, Model & Trim Level
91, 92, 95, and 2000 xlts
Assuming 'no power' means that it won't accelerate... Have you checked the fuel pressure? Also, pull the codes. There can be a code even if the CEL is out.

<

w00t69

Reaction score
City, State
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4x4
yeah no power means i press the gas and it just bogs down and doesn't go.

Also there's a tsst tsst sound ( best way to describe it) high pressure air type sound coming from somewhere along the exhaust.

I'll take it tommorrow to get some codes

<

mikeh44

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT
change the cat i don't know how many miles he has but if the cat is blugged it will make a hissing sound like a crimped exhaust pipe factory use to say change cat at 50k

<

marragtop

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
balt, md
Year, Model & Trim Level
91, 92, 95, and 2000 xlts
If you think it's the cat conv, you try smacking it with a rubber hammer. Sometimes disloging something can make a difference.

<