1995 Aerostar. Steering column replacement. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 Aerostar. Steering column replacement.

texx

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 aerostar
can anybody provide assistance with replacing 95 aerostar steering column, also need pic of under dash fuse cover so i can figure out which fuse is for air bag. thanks

Why do you need to replace the steering column?

If you have a broken shifter housing, which is the most common problem with Aerostar steering columns, then replace only that. Most wrecking yards have the shifter housings for $50 or so and some will even install them while you wait (about an hour). Mine broke a few months ago and a local wrecking yard fixed it in an hour while I waited and charged me $115, which included the housing.

If you do it yourself, it will probably take you about 2 hours. All you need to do is drop the whole column about 8 inches (does not need to be removed from rig), unbolt the shifter (is on top of the column), bolt in the new shifter, then bolt the column back into place.

Welcome to this forum! Here's a diagram of the steering column mounting bolts & nuts from my Ford software plus the fuse block:

Attachments

• 1995 Aerostar steering column nuts & bolts..JPG
    1995 Aerostar steering column nuts & bolts..JPG
    62 KB · Views: 948
  • 1995 Aerostar. Fuse block diagram..jpg
    1995 Aerostar. Fuse block diagram..jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 973

Back