• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1995 - Dora the explorer SAS

BUCHVILLEMAN

Reaction score
City, State
Buckville, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
95' xlt
sorry guy everything on my ex is different now. the sway bar and its mounts are long gone. now is the front end from a dodge 3/4 ton. the only thing i have is the diagram above. all i did was make mounting brackets and mounted the sway bar like a ranger or BKO.

my inbox is not full now. sorry.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

freakaftr8

Reaction score
City, State
Folsom, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport
Steering

Hey there! When you got the gearbox for the steering, I noticed that the 91-94 explorers have a much taller frame then the 95 up. I have a 95 and are doing the same sas swap, but with coils and custom Long arms. How much of a pain was it to weld the sterring gearbox to the frame or did you bolt it on? And those pics, what all did you have to do to mate the rack and pinion steering shaft to the gearbox besides use the ranger end? It loos like I can use the whole shaft from a 91 and bolt it on with some spacer shims. Thanks
Shawn

JS91X

Reaction score
City, State
cumming, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
updates ??

BUCHVILLEMAN

Reaction score
City, State
Buckville, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
95' xlt
updates:
1- went to IL for vacation for 2 weeks.
2- kid had tonsilectomy
3- i had tonsilectomy (blucking sucks)
4-oh the truck? :)

no real work done on my part. my uncle is building the motor. i need to finish up the suspension on the front. i have the leafs and everything ready but now im contemplating going coilover...its all about $. the problem with getting this project done is having the jeep to play with. normally if i had a broken truck i would work on it until it was driveable but now since i can go play i usually do.

excuse excuse i know...

soon i hope.

jfman

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 manual tranny
I'm curious to know what operates the steering on the truck. Did you swap in a steering box ?

BUCHVILLEMAN

Reaction score
City, State
Buckville, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
95' xlt
yes steering box. using the 3/4 ton dodge box.

jfman

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 manual tranny
BUCHVILLEMAN said:
yes steering box. using the 3/4 ton dodge box.

how did you work out the power steering hoses ? Have any pics?