1995 ford explorer 4.0 eddie bauer 4x4 oil pressure gone | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 ford explorer 4.0 eddie bauer 4x4 oil pressure gone

scottdanny22

Reaction score
City, State
soap lake washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 ford explorer eddie
Hello i recently had a rebuilt auto matic transmission put in my 1995 eddie bauer 4.0 4x4 its an automatic today i was driving and all of a sudden all the engine oil ran out and my oil pressure went to 0 is this the rear seal should they have replaced it when they put in the transmission?

Now I hope I am reading this correctly. You lost all your oil pressure and oil from an area behind the engine and before the transmission, aka bell housing? The rear seal wouldn't be replaced unless you requested them to do so. They might have suggested you do it if they had noticed it weeping oil or at least I would have. It is not difficult to install the new seal but the removal of the transmission is the real joy of this job.

Also if you ran the engine too long after all the oil went, the engine bearings may be damaged.

I edited the title, then moved your thread to the stock 2nd gen sub forum. I doubt the oil pressure problem has anything to so with the transmission.

When was the last time you checked your oil? A rear main seal would have to leak quite a bit to drain 5 qts of oil. You would have noticed a puddle long before this could have happened.

Back