1995 Ford Ranger, No brake pedal!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 Ford Ranger, No brake pedal!!

radsr2002

Reaction score
1995 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

I have done a full brake job on my ranger. New calipers, wheel cylinders, new rotors, new drums. New complete rear brake lines. When I bleed the brakes I could not get a pedal, no matter how much I bleed them. So I got a new master cylinder and installed it. I still only get minor pedal when the brakes are bleed. I have done my own brakes for years and never had a problem like this. Also I am a maintenance supervisor @ a industrial company so working on machines is not new to me.

Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

air in the abs pump ?
didn't get all the air out of the calipers, ?
didn't get all the air out of the back ?
with so much of the system open to air ,it is just likely there is still some air in there somewhere, ,

lol

well I have bled the thing silly.

how would I go about getting air out of the abs pump?

My Haynes manual says to bleed in this order: master, ABS valve, RR wheel, LF wheel, RF wheel, LF wheel.
The ABS valve is on the inside of the drivers side frame rail, behind the front wheel. It has a bleeder valve.
This is assuming your truck has rear ABS.

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

thanks

That explains a lot. I will give it a go tomorrow after I pick up a mityvac bleeder on the way home from work.

Thanks for the welcome

Rick

got it

Got the answer to my problem..

When I changed the master cylinder with the same replacement part, I assumed all things were equal... NOT!!!! The inner piston was about 1/4"
deeper in the new 1. There is a adjustment on the push rod feeding from the power booster. It had to be adjusted longer..

story of my life...

a tad bit short.....LOL

Back