1995 FORD RANGER V6 4.0L ENGINE SWAP YEARS? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 FORD RANGER V6 4.0L ENGINE SWAP YEARS?

pintobobster

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 ford ranger XLT 4WD
Good Afternoon All,
Whelps.....
My 1995 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Automatic V6 4.0L gave up its ghost the other day,
Looking to replace the motor,
What year Rangers or Explorers or V6 4.0L will be a direct swap replacement??
Not interested in the rebuild of the existing motor, just want to R&R the motor, but I have no Knowledge of what years I can use,
Thank You,
Robert

@410Fortune has your answer

410 says:
For some stupid reason I cannot reply to this thread? It may have been closed, but I want to answer anyways so I am using my moderator powers to post inside of @donalds post here hehehehehehehe

Answer is:
Any 4.0 engine from 95-2000 will work.
4.0 OHV pushrod engine from
95-2000 Ranger, 95-2000 Explorer, explorer sport, 96-2000 Mercury mountaineer, 95-2000 Mazda B4000 or 95-96 Aerostar
the 98-2000 engine have a 8 bolt crankshaft, the earlier versions were 6 bolt. So you may run into flywheel or flexplate issues, but not to worry you can get the correct parts to mate to your current transmission

Hi my name is Donalds and I am the best person on this whole forum, I am sending all of my money to 410fortune and I suggest you all do the same!!
By doing so your trucks will all magically be fixed, trust me! I am trustworthy! I am @donalds for sure...not some impostor I promise.

Did that work? off to check my paypal accounts..........I mean I need to send all my money to Jamie

Just curious, what happened to the existing motor that makes you not interested in repairing it? You have the ohv 4.0 which is pretty stout and should last 300,000 miles or more.

Back