1995 Ford Ranger. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 Ford Ranger.

myranger1

Reaction score
Hello folks, I need some help with a no idle problem on a 4.0 v6. I checked the fuel relay and it is good. The truck starts fine with no miss and then dies. I just swapped out the engine and I was wondering if I crossed the fuel lines would that be an issue. Please help!

Thanks,
Johnny F.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello folks, I need some help with a no idle problem on a 4.0 v6. I checked the fuel relay and it is good. The truck starts fine with no miss and then dies. I just swapped out the engine and I was wondering if I crossed the fuel lines would that be an issue. Please help!

Thanks,
Johnny F.

Things to check would be O2 sensor connections, TPS connections...things of that nature. Is it throwing a code?

..Welcome here..:D

..If you had your location under your name, someone in your area might read this and help you out with a scanner if they saw you were in their area..;)

Does it run fine if you give it slight throttle?

If so, I'd look into the IAC valve maybe not working.

I changed the iac valve and it is idling from 3000 grand to 800, I checked the pressure and it is low. I found a hole in the fuel fill neck and have ordered one. I think it is loosing vacuum in the tank, also found that the line was unhooked to the tank.

Thanks,
Johnny

..Welcome here..:D

..If you had your location under your name, someone in your area might read this and help you out with a scanner if they saw you were in their area..;)

I live in Parrottsville Tennessee.

Thanks,
Johnny

Back