1995 Ford Taurus 3.0L shutting down | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 Ford Taurus 3.0L shutting down

blazin8556

Reaction score
City, State
Stalkin' your mom....
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT AWD 5.0
i have this 95 ford taurus with a 3.0 that keeps shutting down. when it shuts down the e fan is running high like its hot. but anytime the fan is running it will not start up . have put a tune up on it including, plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor, fuel filter, air filter looks new, and a new coil pack. i have tried two different ccrm boxes, cut plug from ccrm box and spliced them directly (ground plug), removed grounds on radiator support and shined them up. alternator is putting out good voltage, battery is a few months old. i opened the dist to check the condition of the pickup coil and wires inside look fine. i have new one on hand but don't want to put it on till it is absolutely necessary. i have tried everything i know to do. i have also unplugged the egr solenoid to see if it would change anything. only thing that changed was i did not hear a thumping in the intake anymore. the car throws codes for egr, power steering sensor no change in voltage?. o2 system running lean, or something to that effect. and a couple more that are similar.if code list is needed let me know and ill post the full list. any and all help is highly appreciated. thanks...

Since some things were unplugged, they will throw a code. The code will be stored for a while even though everything is plugged back in. You should clear the codes, drive for about 10 miles, scan the computer for new codes, then tell us what the code numbers are.

sorry for not posting back, i had replaced the relay module above the radiator with another used one. the car stalled out one more time and then has been fine ever since. the owner had it towed to the ford dealer and they couldn't find anything at all wrong with the car. so the owner decided it should be ok to drive and hasn't had anymore problems with the car. btw the egr was changed as well. thanks.

Back