1995 XLT side view mirror | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 XLT side view mirror

furiousd

Reaction score
Ok so I have a 95 XLT, the mirrors are power with no puddle light. Not sure if they are heated or not. I bought a used mirror from the wrecker today. I didn't notice that it was power with puddle lights. From a 2 door explorer. I went to change out the mirror and the connector is different. The one with the puddle lamp has two extra wires rest of wires seem the same. Now can I just change the connector from my old mirror and put it onto the new one I bought. Would just have two extra wires that are free. Does this work?

you can use that plug, there will just will be two wires from the light that wont be used. or you can take the pins and wires out of the connector.

Thanks for the reply. But the plugs are of different shape. Mine without the puddle lamps is round, where as the one with puddle lamps is rectangle. What would be easiest just cut the wires on both and swap connectors? Should I just match up each colored wire? What should I do with extra ground. Honestly not sure which ground is which. Should I just connect both grounds to the one ground in my vehicle now?

Back